Re: Hi-MD - Sound Input Options

On 5/17/04 6:25 AM, "harp-l-digest" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 15:53:49 +0000
> From: dr.alters-wizardsway@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Hi-MD
>
> Hi Steve and Dave,
>
> Read your Harp L posts. Quite informative and I am really grateful to everyone
> who has offered input on transferring files from a SONY mini-disc player to a
> CD. I am unfamiliar with the iPod option. Please give me a little more
> information.
>
> Also some of our colleagues have alerted me to a device that can enable the
> current  SONY mini-disc player to upload to a computer and transfer to a CD
> for memorializing our bands sessions. Here is the link to the information on
> this item. I am investigating it since it may mean that I can simply use this
> and not buy another recorder. This would be an inexpensive solution.
>
> http://www.minidiscaccess.com/item.html?PRID=1371035
>
> Another question generated by your post was the mention of acoustic recording
> with the upcoming new SONY mini-disc player. I trust that one can still record
> off the sound board as well as with a stereo mic with this newer version?
>
> Hope this helps. Let me know what you think.
>
> Doc
>

> - --
> Dennis "Doc" Alters
>
> Harp and Vocals
> The Alternators

And for us Mac users (these also work with PC's):

Inexpensive alternative to the XiTel, but no digital I/O:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/

And for a teensy bit more than the XiTel (still no digital I/O, but great
combo with excellent reviews - the tech writer has brought this puppy out of
the closet: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4969110/):

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/

Ray.